Periodontal disease is one of the common dental problems that affect adults aged 30 and above. If left untreated, periodontal problems can lead to tooth loss. Studies have shown that periodontal disease can worsen or trigger health problems such as pancreatic cancer, heart disease, diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis and Alzheimer’s, etc.
Devshree Dental Clinic is among the most trusted dental care solutions providers and top dentists in Rewari and you can reach out to us for the latest service/treatment at any time.
What is Periodontal Disease?
Periodontal condition is also known as periodontitis and it is the disease related to gums and gum tissues that are around teeth and jawbone (the gums in this area that anchor the teeth in the right position). Bacterial infection in the mouth could mark the start of this problem and if not treated on time, it can lead to tooth loss.
What Are The Causes of Periodontal Disease?
The main cause behind periodontal disease can be the bacteria present in plaque which is left untreated. Once bacteria enter the oral cavity, it gets easier for it to bond with mucus and other elements and form a layer of plaque on teeth. Tartar is the hardened form of plaque that didn’t get removed using the brushing and flossing of teeth.
Once our immune system detects bacterial activity in the oral cavity, it starts the defense mechanism and thus the area around the target teeth gets inflamed. Swelling of gums can create little spaces that could give bacteria more area to grow and settle in.
Some of the Known Factors that can Considerably Trigger Periodontal Disease are:
- Smoking and chewing of tobacco
- Change in hormones (puberty, pregnancy or menopause)
- Genetic condition
- Certain health condition
- Poor nutrition and eating habit
- Teeth grinding
What Are The Stages of Periodontal Disease?
• Gingivitis: it is the inflammation of gums. This could be called the initial stage of periodontitis and thus it is the mild condition that can be reversed. However, not all forms of gingivitis will lead to periodontitis. Plaque build-up around teeth and gums is the major reason behind inflammation and only if this plaque is left untreated, it will lead to gum problems.
• Periodontitis: this is the stage when teeth sockets are affected by the inflammation and the problem has started affecting the underlying bone. Bone tissue and bone are further affected as gum inflammation increases which leads to more spaces/pockets. This loss of firm support for teeth will eventually cause the fall out.
What Are The Symptoms Related To Periodontitis?
- Swollen and tender gums
- Brushing and flossing leads to gum bleeding
- Visible deep pockets between teeth and gums
- Shifting of teeth or loose teeth
- Pus formation between teeth and gums
- Bad taste in mouth or problem of bad breath
- New spaces between teeth
When To See Your Dentist?
Periodontitis can start painless and people might not have the hint that they are suffering from it. X-rays of the mouth cavity can be done to evaluate the proper condition and if the person is really suffering from periodontal condition. The best way to get your dental problems checked and treated is by giving a visit to your dentist. Taking care of your dental condition on time will not just save you from various other health problems that are related to it.Meet our health experts and get personal dental consultation at Devshree Dental Clinic. Give Us A Call Right Away For The Best Dentist Services In Rewari!